IT’S LIKE TREASURE HUNTING. A FUN WAY TO EXERCISE YOUR BODY AND AND YOUR BRAIN.
These fun rogaines are suitable for gurus to newbies. Anybody that has a moderate level of fitness can participate. A high level of navigation ability is not required.
Rogaining involves teams of two to five members visit as many checkpoints as possible in the time allowed. Shorter duration rogaines often allow solo competitors. Checkpoints are scored differently depending on the level of difficulty in reaching them; therefore teams choose a strategy (for example, to visit many low score checkpoints)and route selection becomes a vital component.
Teams travel entirely on foot, navigating by map and compass between checkpoints in terrain that varies from open farmland to hilly forest. Teams travel at their own pace and anyone from children to grandparents can experience the personal satisfaction that comes from cross-country navigation at their own level of competition and comfort. Team members stay within earshot of each other.
The best thing about rogaining is the social aspect. Everyone starts at the same time, and generally finishes at the same time, it is just the amount of ground that has been covered by teams that differs. Rogaining can be held in city environments or in farmland and bush, and you get to visit parts of the country you never knew existed.
1hour option available. Kids and families are welcome to come and have a fun time.
Don’t miss it, bring your friends!
6hr – start at 11am
4hr – start from 11am to 1pm
3hr – start from 11am to 3pm
9:30AM 6hr Rogaine registration
10:30AM Map handout and briefing
11:00AM 6hr Rogaine starts
1:00PM Last time for 4hr to start
5:00PM 6hr Rogaine ends – followed by a hot meal. Prize giving approx 5:30pm
New Wicked Kids Fun Event – specially created for the little ones!
Aiming to encourage the little kids (under 7yrs) to get outside and try rogaining, we are launching the Wicked Kids Fun event. It will be an 1 hour event with easier controls around the start/finish area. Kids must be accompanied by an adult and teams will be able to start any time between 5:30 – 7:30pm.
Some of the benefits of Rogaining for Children
- Provides a safe, fun environment in which to have an adventure
- Provides physical and intellectual development
- Helps develop spatial awareness
- Children are allowed the freedom to roam out of sight in a controlled environment
- It’s ok for kids to get muddy and dirty
- Teaches children about the countryside
- Children learn to read maps and navigate
- It’s educational and fun!
|Entry Fee*||Early Bird||Late Entries*|
|Adult 6hr/ 4hr||$60.00 pp||$80.00 pp|
|Student 6hr/ 4hr||$45.00 pp||$60.00 pp|
|Adult 2hr||$30.00 pp||$45.00 pp|
|Student 2hr||$25.00 pp||$35.00 pp|
|Family 2hr***||$30.00 per team/ map||$50.00|
* Pre entries online. Online entries close at 2pm on the day of each event. A $5 late fee will be charged for entries on the evening.
** Child, 12 years old and under, must be accompanied by a paying adult.
***(One parent and up to 4 Children from the same family)
A team shall consist of two, three, four, five or six members.
A team that has a member under fourteen years of age shall also have a member eighteen years of age or over.
Competition categories are as follows:
i) Three gender classes of competition:
- Men (all team members must be male)
- Women (all team members must be female)
- Mixed (teams must contain at least one female and one male)
ii) Four age categories of competition within each gender class:
- Open (no age restriction)
- Junior (all team members must be under 23 years of age on the day of competition)
- Veteran (all team members must be 40 years of age or over on the day of competition)
- Super Veteran (all team members must be 55 years of age or over on the day of competition)
iii) Three length categories
- 6 hour
- 4 hour
- 2 hour
Compulsory Gear List– All teams taking part in the event must wear or carry the following equipment. Note for items marked “TEAM” only 1 person in the team needs to have these. For items marked “INDIVIDUAL” every person in the team must have these on their person.
- INDIVIDUAL – Whistle
- INDIVIDUAL – Thermal top in addition to whatever you start off wearing (e.g. polypropylene, merino etc.)
- INDIVIDUAL – Thermal bottom (eg polypropylene, merino etc.)
- INDIVIDUAL – Waterproof jacket
- INDIVIDUAL – Hat and gloves.
- INDIVIDUAL – Water and snacks (e.g. lollies, muesli bar, other snack foods)
- INDIVIDUAL – Backpack to carry above
- INDIVIDUAL (12-Hour) – Headlamp/torch with new batteries
- TEAM (6-hour) – Headlamp/torch with new batteries
- TEAM – Watch
- TEAM – Compass.
Suggested Additional Gear– Participants may also wish to consider having and/or carrying the following:
- Highlighter to plan and mark your route.
- Gaiters, tights or similar lower body protection clothing.
- Waterproof leggings.
A huge thanks to our sponsors
Don’t miss the chance to get out there!
Subscribe and receive our newsletters with all information about our events.